Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Family Reunion




I'm in the midst of an extended family reunion. I don't know if I've made this clear before, but I LOVE family and I LOVE family time. I have 6 nieces and nephews and anytime I can be with all of them at once, it's corny, I know, but it's truly bliss for me. They are all so cute and sweet in their individual ways. This Summer I get to spend time with an extra cute and sweet kid - my cousin Tristan. He's here with his mom, also my cousin, Teri, and our Grandma Artie.


Tristan and the kids are really hitting it off. Sarah loves hanging out with him - they enjoy a lot of the same things and she's enjoying getting to know someone who shares those interests (for example Greek Gods, she loves that stuff).


I've been taking some photos and not getting a whole lot of work done, but we've been eating pretty well. My brother made 3 differently marinated smoked tri tips last night. I can begin to explain how incredible they were. I have got to get a smoker.


In other news, I have a weekend trip planned. Next weekend I am going to see a man. Out of town. Without my kids. A grown up getaway. Yeah, I'm shocked, too.

No comments: